Request Your Free eBook Excerpt Now:
"Getting Started with SQL Server 2008 R2 - Free Chapter Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration Cookbook"
Getting Started with SQL Server 2008 R2, begins with SQL Server 2008 R2 version's new features and enhancements such as master data services, data-tier applications, and adding the service pack features using Slipstream technology.
In this excerpt, Packt Enterprise will run through the designing best practice approach in upgrading to SQL Server 2008 R2 and take advantage of federated servers enhancements.
Also in this chapter, they will cover:
- Adding SQL Server R2 Service Pack features using Slipstream Technology
- Designing a best practice approach in upgrading to SQL Server 2008 R2
- Working with Data-Tier applications
- Designing and adopting SQL Server 2008 R2 solutions
- Designing applications to use federated servers
Packt Enterprise books can be summed up through the tagline "Professional Expertise Distilled". They take in-the-trenches knowledge from experienced software professionals, and distil it into a single, easy to follow manuscript.
Offered Free by: Packt Enterprise
See All Resources from: Packt Enterprise